FIFA Manager Universal Converter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• FIFA Manager Universal Converter

A multi-purpose converter between different databases. It could convert, for example, FIFAM14 database to FIFAM08 and vice versa.

Released projects:

FIFA Manager 13 and FIFA Manager 14 Patch Season 2019
      [FM13|FM14] Season 2019 - Universal Converter Project

Work-in-progress projects:

FIFA Manager 11 Patch Season 2019

FIFA Manager 07 "FIFA Manager 19" patch, based on FIFA 19 database and graphics

Team
      Dmitry - programming, documenting, configuration files, graphics
      Purkas - documenting, configuration files
      madebygray - documenting, configuration files, graphics
      rickhen - documenting, configuration files
      GrazzerFan - configuration files, scripts
      Pudrikello - configuration files
      Niko301391 - configuration files

We're looking for new people for our team, currently we have 4 people in the team. I believe there are people on this forum who are not working on any projects at the moment, - maybe you could help us?
      Here's a list of sites where we need a help:

Scripts development and testing
      While most of competitions will be auto-generated, we will need someone who could analyze the generated text/code, find possible problems and test competitions in-game. We also going to integrate International Champions Cup and Nations League competitions (possibly, by extending game possibilities with additional plugins) - so we'll also need help with this.

General help & support with older FIFA Manager versions (FIFA Manager 07 - FIFA Manager 12)
      We need people who will courate the database development for older FIFA Manager versions (or some specified version). This includes: database tests, help with graphics (logos, minifaces, etc.), editing translation files, editing parameter files (if we'll need this).

If you're interested, please leave a message here, or write me a Personal Message, or join this temporary Discord chat

Source Code

1. https://discord.gg/DkaAmVj

The post was edited 9 times, last by Dmitry ().

• What about the editor? You can´t import a 2018 database in a 2007 game without changing some values in the editor (for example: start date of the contracts, min and max age for youth payers).

The post was edited 1 time, last by IamJay ().

• IamJay wrote:

What about the editor? You can´t import a 2018 database in a 2007 game without changing some values in the editor (for example: start date of the contracts, min and max age for youth payers).
      Two options here:
      1) Write a plugin for Editor to change the start date;
      2) Decrease all original dates by some difference, so 2018, for example, will become 2007, 2017 - 2006, and so on.
    • 1) I worked on a FM13 -> FM11 converter, but since Purkas told me about the issue with the editor, I stopped working on that. I can change the start date of the main game because it is only on value. But the editor semms to need a lot more values to change.
      2) I see many problems with that. Players who ended their careers, club fusions and new league systems, just to name a few. A uniform start date for all versions would be a better solution in my opinion.
    • IamJay wrote:

1) I worked on a FM13 -> FM11 converter, but since Purkas told me about the issue with the editor, I stopped working on that. I can change the start date of the main game because it is only on value. But the editor semms to need a lot more values to change.
      Yes, but a new Editor with all these changes was made for FIFAM14, so why can't it be done for FIFAM07?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dmitry ().

• Dmitry wrote:

Yes, but a new Editor with all these changes was made for FIFAM14, so why can't it be done for FIFAM07?
      Can you? Or will you?

Dmitry wrote:

Why do players who ended their careers should be present in the database? They just won't be there.League system data can be converted, as all other data.
      Lets take FM08 for example. Start date 01.07.2007. There were players, that did not play anymore in 2018, so you cant just convert the date und start 10 years back. RB Leipzig was founded in 2009, can also not to used in FM08. If every FM and editor has a same start date (01.07.2018), it is no problem. Here again the same question: Can ou? Or will you?

This question need to be answered bevor start working on this. If this (editor values for new start date) will be done I will help you.
      I would suggest to only convert to: FM08, FM11 and FM12.
      FM07: never liked it
      FM09 and FM10: to much bugs and errors

edit:

bs3n wrote:

I would recommend sharing sources in general to prevent being dependent from single persons. In case people lose interest in modding FM or don't have enough time anymore in the future, others can continue the work :)
      I am also a fan of open source projects. :thumbup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by IamJay ().

• IamJay wrote:

Can you? Or will you?
      I can do this. We can make it a part of our research.
      But again, I prefer the second option more (decreasing dates).

IamJay wrote:

Lets take FM08 for example. Start date 01.07.2007. There were players, that did not play anymore in 2018, so you cant just convert the date und start 10 years back. RB Leipzig was founded in 2009, can also not to used in FM08. If every FM and editor has a same start date (01.07.2018), it is no problem. Here again the same question: Can ou? Or will you?
      I think you still didn't understand how it works. All dates are decreased. So if RB Leipzig was (originally) founded in 2009, in FIFAM08 it will be founded in 1999.

IamJay wrote:

I would suggest to only convert to: FM08, FM11 and FM12.
      FM07: never liked it
      FM09 and FM10: to much bugs and errors
      I believe there are people who still prefer FIFAM09/FIFAM10 too. I like FIFAM07 much, it was my first FIFA Manager, I have a good memories about it. And it was one of the reasons why I'm making this converter.
    • Dmitry wrote:

I can do this. We can make it a part of our research.But again, I prefer the second option more (decreasing dates).
      That sounds great, I am really interested how this works or what need to be changed.

Dmitry wrote:

I think you still didn't understand how it works. All dates are decreased. So if RB Leipzig was (originally) founded in 2009, in FIFAM08 it will be founded in 1999.
      You were right about that :D Now I see what you meant in the first place. But I like this one even lesser. :(

Dmitry wrote:

I believe there are people who still prefer FIFAM09/FIFAM10 too. I like FIFAM07 much, it was my first FIFA Manager, I have a good memories about it. And it was one of the reasons why I'm making this converter.
      Oh sorry, I didnt knew that FM07 was your first love. My first love was Anstoss 3 and I still love it :love:
      That might be. It´s just my opinion because the only ones I reached more then 20 seasons without serious bugs und crashes were FM08 and FM11.
    • We did alot progress during last month.
      We have researched and implemented reading/writing functionality for most of .sav file sections, including:

Source Code

1. COUNTRY_MISC/COUNTRY_MIST
      2. MANAGER
      3. CLUB
      4. KIT
      5. RECORD (CLUB)
      6. HIST (CLUB)
      7. STADIUM
      8. REFEREE

Along with this, these files were researched also:

Source Code

1. cupAlloc.txt
      2. Countries.sav
      3. Rules.sav

And here's the TODO list:

Source Code

1. PLAYER section
      2. STAFF/ADDMANAGER section
      3. PL_POOL section
      4. COMPETITION/COMPETITIONPART section
      5. other DB files - Assessment.sav, PlayerRelations.sav, FemaleNames.txt, MaleNames.txt, Surnames.txt, PriorityClubs.txt

• We almost finished with PLAYER section (only the FM11-14 => FM07-10 appearance converter is not ready yet).

Successes
      This means that we already can convert clubs and players between FM07-FM14.
      This is not much (for us) for this time, but if you want to see it, here you go:

FM07 clubs & players in FM14:

FM14 clubs & players in FM07:

• Sounds really nice :) Good work!

Woow, 2 would be so nice. Maybe also a higher limit for fifam14?

What about different country names / number of countries?
      Wenn dich das erste Mal jemand Ochse nennt, hau ihm auf die Nase. Wenn dich das zweite Mal jemand Ochse nennt, nenn ihn Vollidiot. Und wenn dich das dritte Mal jemand Ochse nennt, dann wird’s wohl Zeit, sich nach nem Kuhstall umzusehen.
    • planlos wrote:

Sounds really nice :) Good work!

Woow, 2 would be so nice. Maybe also a higher limit for fifam14?

What about different country names / number of countries?
      We won't touch countries 'limit'. We have 206 countries in FM07 and 207 countries in FM08-14. This won't be changed. For a 08-14 => 07 conversion, Montenegro is converted to Serbia.

IamJay wrote:

I am interested in the file-structure of FM11 (country, clubs, player, staff, the whole countrydataXX.sav). What each line stands for. Like here, only for FM 11: board.fm-zocker.de/index.php?to-do/23-index-country-misc/
      When we finish the converter, we'll decide if we'll publish all the documentation to the wiki.

Update:
      You can see that FM07 doesn't like unicode characters. This is already fixed:

Since FM08, unicode characters are supported:

• You should split the FIFA Manager ID into
      a) UID (UniqueID)
      b) xID (indexID)

The xID is used für the transfer history of each player. The xID not always equals the UID.