New language names/surnames

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New language names/surnames

Hi,

I would like to share some additional language names and surnames, in case someone is interested in testing them out with the translation plugin. For now I have created the following ones:

- Malagasy
      - Moldovan
      - Basque
      - Catalan

I am planning to add more, in order to make game generated names more realistic (e.g., more African languages).
      Files
      • Names.txt

(1.59 kB, downloaded 6 times, last: )
      • Surnames.txt

(5.67 kB, downloaded 4 times, last: )
    • Yeah, I know. But the good thing is that, for example, if you manually set languages in the country files (e.g., for Madagascar you put language 67 with the numbering in the example I provided), it will work, in the sense that new players will be generated from that name pool, both in the editor and in the game. I tested this for FM08 and it works: attached is a screenshot showing an automatically generated player for Madagascar (FM08 - Italian): I did not edit that name, it was just drawn from my name pool. I know it's inconvenient that you cannot choose the language in the editor menu, but at least you can obtain the desired effect in the game.
      Files
      • madagascar.png

(68.6 kB, downloaded 10 times, last: )